The company Skroutz S.A. [hereinafter “Skroutz” or “we”] located at 91 Alekou Panagouli Street, 142 34 Nea Ionia, Athens, Greece is by law responsible for the processing of personal data of visitors to the website corporate. skroutz. gr [hereinafter referred to as “the Website”].
Personal Data We Collect
In the context of your visit and navigation on the Website, we may collect and further process the following personal data, depending on the functionalities you use:
Contact information, such as email address, in case you choose to contact us, as well as the personal information that will accompany your message (for example, name, surname, telephone number).
Information we collect through tools such as cookies and local storage, such as your searches within the Website, technical errors and navigation security, IP address, type and manufacturer of your device, browser type, type and version of operating system used, your origin on Skroutz from another website, advertising identifiers, and other statistical information.
Especially for job seekers – prospective employees, the personal data that will be processed by Skroutz include: your name and contact details, data about your previous employment, your education, skills as well as any other data included in the CV or cover letter to Skroutz. Learn more here.
Why we collect them
The above personal data are processed by us exclusively to serve the following purposes and in accordance with the following legal bases:
Skroutz processes your data in order to be able to offer you the functionalities of the Website you choose to use, such as sending a CV in order to fill a job position.
Skroutz is obliged by law to cooperate with the competent authorities to combat specific incidents as well as to manage and respond to your requests regarding the protection of your personal data.
If you provide your consent to the use of technologies such as cookies and local storage on your device, information about you is automatically collected. More information on how we use tools such as cookies can be found in the “Cookies Policy” section. You can change your choice of cookies and withdraw your consent, at the bottom of the Cookies Policy of the Website.
Who We Share Them With
Your personal data is collected and further processed by the authorized Skroutz teams, with full respect for your privacy. In the context of providing the Skroutz Services, recipients of your personal data may be the following categories of our partners:
- Website analytics and performance measurement service providers, such as Google and Hotjar, data storage and security service providers such as Cloudflare, SoftOne, Microsoft and Amazon, as well as social network providers such as Meta . Your data may be transferred outside the European Area and especially to the USA by these companies. Although the relevant data storage takes place mainly in the EU, there are strict contractual clauses in force for this transfer.
- Data network service providers to interconnect our infrastructure with the internet.
- Partner providers of CV collection and processing software, such as Workable. Your data may be transferred outside the European Area and especially to the USA by these companies. Although the relevant data storage takes place mainly in the EU, there are strict contractual clauses in force for this transfer.
- The police authorities and any other administrative, judicial or public authority or generally legal or natural person to whom Skroutz’s obligation or right to disclose such data may arise by law or court decision.
How Long We Keep Them
The personal data of the users of the Website resulting from their interaction with the functionalities of the Website are retained for a maximum of two (2) years after your last visit to the Website.
At Skroutz, we take your privacy seriously. We take appropriate technical and organizational measures daily, in accordance with the latest technological standards and applicable legislation, to ensure that the processing of your personal data, either by us or by third parties on our behalf, is lawful, appropriate and has the appropriate level of security to prevent any unauthorized or accidental access; processing, deletion, alteration or other use thereof. For example, in order to ensure the privacy of your information as best as possible, we use strong encryption.
You can review, correct and/or delete your data at any time – under data protection legislation you have and can exercise the following rights:
the right of access, i.e., the right to be informed whether your personal data is being processed by Skroutz and to receive further information about the processing carried out,
the right to request the correction (rectification) of any inaccurate personal data or their completion, as well as if the requirements of the legislation are met:
- the right to erasure,
- the right to portability, i.e., the right to receive and transmit to another data controller your personal data, which you have provided to Skroutz, in an appropriate format,
- the right to restriction of processing,
- the right to revoke at any time the consent you have given us, without this withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of the processing of personal data carried out before such withdrawal.
In particular, regarding the use of technologies such as cookies, you can change your choice and withdraw your consent at any time by changing your choices at the bottom of the Skroutz’s Cookies Policy.
In case of exercising the rights of rectification, deletion and restriction of your data, these requests will also be transmitted to third party recipients to whom this data may have been disclosed by us.
The exercise of your above rights is done by submitting a relevant written request to Skroutz, to which we undertake to respond within one (1) month of receipt. This deadline may be extended for two (2) additional months due to the complexity of the request, and/or the large volume of requests.
Personal Data Contact Details
For any questions, clarifications and/or requests regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact Skroutz’s Data Protection Officer:
Attn: Data Protection Officer
Alekou Panagouli 91, P.C 142 34 Nea Ionia
Right to Lodge a Complaint
If you believe that we have not adequately satisfied your request and the protection of your personal data is affected in any way, you can lodge a complaint:
Greece: Through a special web portal to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (Athens, 1-3 Kifissias Avenue, PC 115 23 | tel: +30 210 6475600). Detailed instructions for filing a complaint are provided on the website of the Hellenic Authority.